TA Associates / eCirle
TA Associates sold its portfolio company eCircle to the listed US analytic data solutions company Teradata
Altium acted as as financial adviser to TA Associates on the sale of its portfolio company eCircle to listed US analytic data solutions company, Teradata.
- Munich-based eCircle is a leading European full-service digital marketing provider, offering solutions for email, mobile and social media marketing, including opt-in lead generation and email media solutions for targeted and personalised campaigns. With its proprietary state-of-the-art broadcast platform eC-messenger the Company offers its clients a powerful and easy-to-use digital messaging infrastructure.
- The buyer Teradata (US listed, more than $2bn in revenues and market cap of $11bn) is the world’s leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics and business applications. Through its subsidiary Aprimo, a US-based provider of integrated marketing software acquired in 2010, Teradata has also gained foothold in the digital marketing field. Aprimo operates globally and is also present in Europe.
- Teradata’s analytical capabilities, Aprimo’s integrated marketing management, and eCircle’s digital messaging tool will provide an integrated, comprehensive and powerful solution for marketers. The combination of Aprimo and eCircle will create the largest marketing applications provider in Europe, while giving eCircle access to a global customer base.
- TA Associates has sold eCircle to Teradata upon the pro-active approach of the buyer. eCircle has been a portfolio company of TA Associates for just over 2 very successful years.
- The Deal represents an important milestone for TA Associates since it is the Fund’s first German investment and exit.
- Altium holds a long-standing relationship with TA Associates, having already acted as their financial adviser in their acquisition of eCircle in 2010 and thereby leading them to their first German deal. In the course of that process Altium also recommended the Chairman of the Company’s advisory board.
- Altium remained closely involved with eCircle and TA throughout their holding period, having also advised them on their buy-and-build strategy.
- Altium advised TA on their exit and introduced a prominent alternative buyer candidate, stimulating competition.
For further information on this transaction please contact Michael Hinderer or Sonja Goeller.
<< Click here for further Case Studies